During the colder West Jefferson months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and turns out to be your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen to you, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. However, if it occurs, a simple call to West Jefferson Plumbing and Heating, Inc. will get you warm and comfortable quickly. We’ve got some indicators you should monitor for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you are faced with an emergency repair job. Call West Jefferson Plumbing and Heating, Inc. right away if you notice any of these issues:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that creates a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be inspected by a qualified technician or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you aren’t getting warmer, a furnace repair may be in order. While this could be a symptom of a problem with your thermostat, it may also mean your furnace is not the right size for your home.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you observe a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s louder than normal, it’s probably wise to schedule a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re running your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your utility costs, there are a few different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from West Jefferson Plumbing and Heating, Inc. can identify what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running constantly, you could have a problem. It may be a something as minimal as an air filter problem or something as large as a motor problem. We’ll help you find out what the problem is.
Now that you know how to recognize when you need a furnace repair, contact us and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is running fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call West Jefferson Plumbing and Heating, Inc. at 614-879-9091 or schedule an appointment with us online.