Summer is upon us! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To optimize your comfort and really relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a enjoyable summer in West Jefferson is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While West Jefferson Plumbing and Heating, Inc. always recommends staying on track with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape over the summer.
- First, another opportunity to cite the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter regularly! Replace the filter per the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Uncover your air conditioning unit if you had it covered for the winter. Turning on your air conditioner before removing the cover can seriously damage it and result in costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can reduce your AC’s performance. mow the grass, remove any debris and eliminate overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you run it this summer. Be sure to check the vicinity at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To get the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where you need it and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Evaluate the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These straightforward steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If it’s time to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you would like any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running smoothly, call West Jefferson Plumbing and Heating, Inc. in West Jefferson at 614-450-1575 today.