Having standard air conditioning service completed at least annually can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the West Jefferson season, have the specialists at West Jefferson Plumbing and Heating, Inc. perform your routine air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be completed during a usual air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Check for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, test for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, reclaim any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, as opposed to illegally freeing it to the air.
- Look for proper airflow throughout the system.
- Check the right electric control sequence to make sure of correct sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Look for the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters routinely is essential. That’s because nothing else that simple can help ensure your air conditioner continues to run at a high level of efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should check it frequently. We advise checking it every month or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will bank on individual influences in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call West Jefferson Plumbing and Heating, Inc. today at 614-450-1575.