While your Lennox® HVAC equipment can’t talk to you, it does have a way to tell you about a furnace error.
Its motherboard has two LED lights that can display a fault code. Based on the failure, your furnace might display solid or flashing lights.
While there are some simple furnace fixes you can complete yourself, most fixes are best left to experts. When your heater refuses to turn on or provide heat, call West Jefferson Plumbing and Heating, Inc. at 614-879-9091 for experienced furnace repair in West Jefferson.
Our specialists will quickly determine and fix the breakdown, even if you don’t own a Lennox heating system. We can fix any brands or models—and get the heat reintroduced to your house quickly.
What Does the Flashing Light on My Heater Mean?
Your furnace relies on lights to flash code when it isn’t working right. It also works this system to let you know it’s operating like it should.
Regular function consists of:
- Concurrent slow flash—heater working properly.
- Simultaneous fast flash—heating system is initiating the call for heat.
If you see a lone light flashing slowly and the other going on and off quickly, your furnace may have a low flame signal. This can occur even when your furnace is heating properly. It indicates the flame sensing rod might have buildup or in the wrong area on the burner. Reach out to us at 614-879-9091 for support.
Here are some of the most common faults for Lennox HVAC systems.
Furnace Refuses to Start
Here are a few of the light sequences you might notice when your furnace won’t turn on or keep operating. The bulk of these issues need to be taken care of by a specialist, like one from West Jefferson Plumbing and Heating, Inc..
- The pair of LED lights aren’t lit. This indicates your heating system might not have power. Go to the breaker box to ensure the furnace fuse hasn’t tripped. You should reset the fuse if it’s in the “off” position. If it instantly flips following a reset, don’t touch the breaker and contact us at 614-879-9091.
- One light is continuous and the other is flashing slowly. This shows the flame rollout switch is likely malfunctioning. The component is an essential safety device that aids in preventing fires and carbon monoxide. You shouldn’t try to repair this problem without professional help.
- A single light is flashing fast and the other is flashing slowly. This likely means power polarity has been reversed. Your heating system could have a wiring fault that calls for expert help from West Jefferson Plumbing and Heating, Inc..
- All lights are blinking slowly. This means your heater’s blower motor likely isn’t running. This part circulates hot air from the heater into your space. We can help in figuring out what’s wrong with this component.
- A single light is flashing slowly and the other is flashing quickly. This indicates your HVAC system could have not enough voltage or a short circuit. Get in touch with our technicians at 614-879-9091 for assistance.
- One light is blinking on, on, off while the other blinks on, off, on. This indicates there could be an issue with your heater’s control panel or wiring. West Jefferson Plumbing and Heating, Inc. can pinpoint the error and fix it.
- The duo of lights are using alternating slow flickers. This signifies your heating system may have a flame issue. There could be an issue with its gas supply, gas valve or ignitor control. Get in touch with us at 614-879-9091 for help.
- A single light blinks slowly while the other remains solid. This usually signifies your HVAC system’s limit switch is malfunctioning. The switch stops your heating system from getting too hot. Reach out to the experts at West Jefferson Plumbing and Heating, Inc. for help.
Heater Blower Operates But No Warmth
Here’s what may be at fault when you hear your heating system’s blower fan on, but you aren’t gaining any warmth.
- Both lights are showing every other fast flashes. This indicates your furnace ignitor may not be working. This part lights gas in your HVAC equipment to produce warm air and should be fixed by a technician from West Jefferson Plumbing and Heating, Inc..
Trust Us for Professional Furnace Repair
When you need to get your HVAC equipment in working order fast, depend on the experts at West Jefferson Plumbing and Heating, Inc.. Our techs will repair the issue right away and have your rooms feeling cozy again in a short time. Reach out to us at 614-879-9091 or contact us online to get an appointment right away.