Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in West Jefferson during the cooler months, when they’re required to keep you toasty. While you know the team at West Jefferson Plumbing and Heating, Inc. will constantly be there ASAP when you ask for us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is needed and save yourself some expenses if it’s not. We’ve collected this checklist of things to try before you give us a call.
- It may sound strange, but make sure everything is set to “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is turned off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t turned on, return to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat turned to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to test if it kicks on.
- If everything looks right, check your heat pump switch (if it has one) and test the fuses and circuit breaker that protect the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is a blockage causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try swapping the battery, if it has one.
- Examine your air filters inside your air handler to confirm they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve moved through this checklist and you still need a heat pump repair, call West Jefferson Plumbing and Heating, Inc. at 614-879-9091 and we’ll return your home back to the welcoming and cozy place you expect this time of year.