With warmer temps close by, now is the time to prepare your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is operating at its best, it can save a large amount off your energy bills! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit is in need of service, it could significantly raise your bills and cause needless and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your West Jefferson Plumbing and Heating, Inc. specialist complete air conditioning service
at least annually is key to keeping your system operating efficiently for a while. He or she can make sure the unit is operating correctly and can identify looming problems prior to them happening, saving you even more money.
Your expert air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to setting up your professional air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and intermittently throughout the year to make sure your air conditioner is at its best.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you kept it covered during cooler months. Running your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it might hurt your system and end with the need for big repairs or even replacement.
- Pick up the area around your AC. Make sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing too close to your AC unit because they may obstruct airflow through your AC. Also ensure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch covering any part of it.
Through the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or changed during your skilled air conditioning service, it’s important for you to check them each month and swap them out per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Every home has unique needs when it comes to air filter replacement, varying on things like owning house pets or doing home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned on a regular basis will also ensure your air conditioner is able to operate efficiently and will help you keep a comfy home. By adhering these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to be sure your air conditioner will be prepped for whatever summer brings your way. Give the team at West Jefferson Plumbing and Heating, Inc. a call at 614-450-1575.