In West Jefferson you depend on your furnace
to keep you comfortable throughout the winter. If it’s been a while since you had a standard maintenance appointment for your heat pump
, you could be preparing for furnace fix-up
visit any day. At the very least, you could have a dirty air filter, which can obstruct air flow and impact your furnace’s efficiency. It could even produce issues with your furnace’s limit switch, which controls furnace operation.
There are many other reasons you may need a furnace repair. We’ve collected some symptoms for you to look for. The earlier you can call for a heat pump service, the better. Call in an expert, like West Jefferson Plumbing and Heating, Inc., if you see any of these indicators:
- Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating properly. Is it operating enough? Is it running all the time? Is the air blowing through as freely as it should, or does it seem tired? Indications related to your blower could signify a bit of a problem with your air filter or the interior blower.
- Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Are you turning up the thermostat again and again, but you’re still chilly? This could be a difficulty with your thermostat. It may be that your furnace is too little for your home. It may even be a difficulty with your gas source or your pilot light, among other things.
- Your furnace is loud. If your furnace starts running loudly or generating noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be a problem.
- You smell gas. You absolutely don’t want to interfere with this one. If you smell gas, shut down your furnace at once and turn off its gas supply. Get around lighting matches or changing on lights until your HVAC pro or your gas company looks at it.
- You find water pooling around your furnace. Usually this is a blocked condensation line. This could demand both plumbing and HVAC professionals to solve.
- Your utility bill keeps growing. If your bill is increasing, but your usage is not, there could be a variation of complications. Your HVAC technician will help find out what’s going wrong.
Now that you’ve read these symptoms, you’ll know when you need to schedule furnace repair. And we’re here when you need it. Call West Jefferson Plumbing and Heating, Inc. at 614-450-1575 when you need to schedule repairs or regular maintenance.